I have returned to Florida, and in doing so have returned to my old job. Same title. Same chair. Same pen cup. Same phone extension and email. It’s like I never left. IT was able to recover my old files and old emails for me, so that will be helpful down the road.
I’m not quite sure that it’s OK to blog at work, but today, I’m willing to take my chances. I have communicated to my supervisor and my 2 co-workers that I have “very little on my plate today” and to please “send some work my way” … they have opted not to do that yet, so here I am. My paperclips are sorted by size, my old files have been reorganized and purged, I have reviewed last month’s work on the projects I will be working on so that I know the logic behind the changes required for this month. My magnetic tic-tac-toe is in place, and my candy jar is replenished.
So here I sit, in the quiet side of an already quiet department – today, I’m left alone with my thoughts. I’m a bit further away from the admin ass’t that I was before, so I’m no longer distracted/entertained by her phone calls and random (and barely audible) profanities. My boss’ room brightening laughter is still within earshot, but the traffic walking by is lighter over here.
It’s nice to be back in FL. I definitely took things for granted before. I have a new appreciation for how the water tastes. I smile when I smell the ocean breeze as I cross over the bridge coming to work. I take comfort in watching the manatees swim by in the river while I’m out back at lunch.
*nods*
Definitely made the right decision coming home – financially, mentally, emotionally … things are how they should be, at least for right now.
The day nothing changed
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment