I decorated my cubicle yesterday. I never did that the first time I was here. I have surrounded myself (quite literally) with faces and places where memories happened. The mix is currently from when I was in the Northeast. I’m sure that with time, the faces and places will change, but for now, I’m surrounded by the most amazing 4 months of my life. A happier, more radiant Marlette appears as the timeline progresses.
I thought I lost everything … turns out, I may have gained something more important than “the stuff” … I gained an awareness of how truly blessed I am to be surrounded by people who love and support me, no matter what, and that in the end, it all works out exactly as it should.
It’s truly hard for me to grasp how much can change in such a short period of time, but I will never regret the decision to move to NYC. It really is a part of me now, and I’m glad that I went.
The day nothing changed
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment