06 May 2009

Angry. Unfair.

It's 1:12am. I can't sleep. I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm being selfish.

June 10th is 5 years since mom died. August 9th will be 14 years since dad died.

I'm sad. I miss her more than I often mention.

I'm angry. Really? Both of my parents had to die before I graduated college? Really?! Why?

I'm being selfish. I should be grateful for the values they instilled in me, the love they provided me, the roof over my head, the food in my belly, blah, blah, blah ... but instead I'm being selfish ... my parents won't physically be with me, walking down the aisle ... they weren't physically at my graduation ... they aren't physically here to give me a hug when I'm crying my fucking eyes out and can't sleep because I miss them.

I don't care that life isn't fair. This isn't fucking fair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

The Working Girl said...

I can't imagine the pain you're going through, even though I also lost a parent at a very young age. I've still got my dad and your situation helped me gain some much needed perspective. Death is never fair and will never make sense. Take solace in the fact that you are very much loved, by very many people. HUG!!