16 April 2009

Settling into the new job ...

... well, so far so good at the new job.

Thank God I bought the iPhone ... the music really helped the day go by ...

It's such a bizarre feeling to get up, put on "normal clothes" and head to my cubicle (this week, I get an office - woohoo!) and sit down and settle in to work and get sutff accomplished. It's a bit hard to stay focused for 8-10 hours straight on the same thing, but I got a lot done today and they said I was a huge help, so I guess that's what matters.

No more "LOD! ..." No more constant interuptions. No more 10 minute lunch breaks. No more chats crammed in Ashley's office that really made part of the day not-so-awful. No more closing the door and whispering about the things that really pissed us all off. I miss some of that stuff. Actually, it's the people that I miss. *sigh*

I enjoy the people I work with, but I'm probably 10 years younger than the person closest in age to me. With the exception of Sean, my cube-mate, I'm the youngin'. I haven't really made many friends there yet, but then again, I was only "there" for 2 1/2 days before they shipped me off to Panama City.

I think I'll spend the weekend wandering around - go check out these beautiful beaches and pretty places. Maybe it'll make the fact that I'm spending my birthday up here, alone. :(

*shrug* I guess I should go to bed now ... back at the office at 7am CST.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

and you are much happier and more relaxed now babe.... :)

The Working Girl said...

I tagged you! Go read my blog for the deets.

I was the youngest at my job for awhile. I still am for the most part - the closest friend I have to my age is 33 (about 6 years older than me). I actually made a friend my age and she turned out to be a crazy person who got herself fired!! Maybe you'll inject some life into the place!