15 December 2010

A Home for the Holidays ...

Christmas 2004: (the first Christmas without Mom) I spent doing the circuit of houses of friends.

Christmas 2005: I spent this one doing the circuit of houses again.

Christmas 2006: I spent this with Michael @ his grand parents

Christmas 2007: Jami and I had been together for about 3 weeks, but I spent it in Ocala with her family and extended family.

Christmas 2008: Spent Christmas in Ocala w/ Jami and her parents.

Christmas 2009: Spent Christmas in Ocala w/ Jami and her parents while she was home from UTS for break.

Christmas 2010: I will be home alone with the cats.

This Christmas will be the first year that I will be alone since Mom died. I realized that last night and laid in bed crying for a while.

I'm sure that everyone just assumes I have somewhere to go. I don't want to impose on anyone and ask if I can spend the day with them. I don't want to sit around and watch them open presents and all of that - it feels too personal and akward to be part of that if it isn't close friends or family, but having somewhere to go to eat Christmas dinner sure sounds nice ...

1 comment:

The Original MAJ said...

If I were going to be home, you could definitely spend it with us.
<3