10 July 2010

Nights like tonight don't make this decision any easier ...

I moved to NYC with certain expectatioins - budgetary expectations, support-system expectations, etc ... those expectations have been thrown out the window and I am now left wondering what to do ... stay in NYC or move back to FL ...

Please don't misunderstand me - I love NYC ... but I'm broke, lol.

The reality of the situation is that I make $8K/yr more here and bring home $250 less per month thanks to the combined total of 34% taxes ... my cost of living has increased dramatically now that I am living in NYC and trying to make this shit work on my own ...

Moving back to FL would be mostly financially based, but a little bit comfort based ... I get my friends back, my old job back, my car back ... this whole New York thing will be like a tiny, albeit financially diasterous, hiccup in that safe little routine of a life I had in FL ...

... but I wouldn't trade the experiences I'm having here for the world ... so what is a girl to do? move home, be responsible and pay down debt? or say fuck it, live in the moment and hope for a miracle?

1 comment:

The Working Girl said...

My therapist told me to stop regretting things, or looking back on things as "bad decisions". He said I should just think, "I did what I thought was right at the time," and have more faith in myself. I don't know if that helps you any - but whatever decision you make, know it was right at the time.