I probably should have done something useful today, but instead I relaxed.
I have had a pretty stressful few weeks. I moved to NYC on Thursday 4/1. I started work on Tuesday 4/6. I've been working 10-11 hour days, and it feels like I've had no time for me. I took today for me. Sure, I was semi-productive ... I went to the store and bought a few essentials, and grabbed a quick bite to eat with Jami for lunch, but other than that, I stayed in, played on Facebook/Farmville/Treasure Isle/iTunes ...
I'm not homesick yet. I am missing my friends pretty hardcore.
Last weekend Ayla and Danielle drove down and picked me up and took me to CT for Sat night/Sunday. We drove up to Stockbridge, MA and went to the Norman Rockwell Museum. That was a nice suprise. I really didn't like his work very much before, but at the museum, I learned that he took photographs of his models posing, and then worked up the paintins from the photographs - the photography was STUNNING! More than anything, I enjoyed time with the girls.
I'm glad to have been able to spend some time with David while he's been home. I'm grateful for a very long list of reasons that he is in my life. It's great that we don't have to talk all the time, but are still able to connect. He really is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. I would be lost without him right now.
Jeff is coming up to visit the last weekend in April. I'm very excited to see him. We're going to spend Saturday film hopping @ the TriBeCa film festival. We have tickets to go see Snowmen, Dog Pound and Every Day. I'm excited.
Ok. Dinner time I suppose. More later.
The day nothing changed
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment